A pain-free service, recording real-time imagery of inside your body.
Ultrasound imaging (sonography) uses high-frequency sound waves to capture real-time images of internal organs and blood flow. Unlike X-ray imaging, there is no ionizing radiation exposure associated with ultrasound imaging – it is completely safe and pain-free.
During the process, ultrasound waves are transmitted from the probe used (transducer), through a thin layer of gel, and then to the body. The transducer is placed directly on the skin or in a skin opening (in some cases) to create the ultrasound process.
The reflective sound waves coming back from the anatomic structure under investigation are then electronically translated to form an image of the structure.
Our sonographer and radiologist then evaluate these images and analyse them with any existing imagery on your file to look for any abnormalities or changes.
Common Ultrasound imaging services include (but are not limited to);
- General exams – Abdomen, Pelvis, Renal, Testicular
- Breast exams – To further evaluate after mammography or in cases that mammography is not suitable
- Pregnancy – We offer the full range of pregnancy exams including; Dating, Nuchal Translucency, Anatomy plus Growth and Wellbeing. We also offer a non-diagnostic exam to identify the gender of your baby after 16 weeks
- Vascular – Exams performed on both the veins and arteries within the body, often referred by a vascular surgeon.
- Muscular Skeletal (MSK) – These exams are performed on muscles such as calved and thighs or skeletal structures such as shoulders or knees to identify injuries or inflammation.